Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Please Come To Boston: Take #8 CANCELLED

It had all been planned quite nicely. The very necessary but ever so feared throat reconstruction surgery had been cancelled in favor of a much less invasive treatment, dilation.  This procedure would happen on  on September 6th and require only a one night stay in the ICU if all went well.

The pre-op clearance was scheduled for today. A simple zip to and from Boston. A routine check to make sure that Mando was well enough for surgery, anesthesia, and the likes. Mando has been pre-oped many times before. A synch. What could go wrong.

Yesterday, Mando got sick. Sore throat, congestion, cough...a full blown upper respiratory viral infection.

THAT IS WHAT COULD AND DID GO WRONG.

What are the odds in that I wonder???

I was with Maria yesterday and we decided there was no way he would pass the pre op as sick as he was. I would cancel.  I called today to reschedule. The surgical scheduler is out to Tuesday. The receptionist told me it is a rule that they don't reschedule for at least 6 weeks. That would be October.

I have no belief in coincidences.  I look to Mando and wonder what his little soul is up to now. I trust it is for the good of all.
Illness strikes in time to cancel surgery

No comments:

Post a Comment