Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Witch Way To Salem?

a truly patient patient 
Mando and I were back sitting in the waiting area for what seemed like a very long time. I was growing restless with ruminating thoughts about the tentative surgery. Mando waited patiently busying himself with a game on his tablet.  Waiting was a situation that Mando had grown accustomed too.

I carried a Pepto Bismol pink form I had been holding to the check out window and explained my qualms.

"I was told to wait here and someone from the surgical scheduling team would meet with us but it seems like it's been an awfully long time. Was I supposed to hand in this form? It would be just like me to sit here all night and no one knows I was waiting."

The woman smiled and took my pink form and hurried off, apologizing for my wait.

2 minutes later a door across the room open and a young brunette smiled and asked "Normando?"

We answer basic questions for the umpteenth time. My nerves were shot. I asked the nurse "Is Salem closer to New York from Boston or further away?"

"It's North of Boston, so I would say, Yes, it is further away. New York is west of Boston. Why do you want to go to Salem?"

"Because we can. Come on Mando, We are going to Salem!"

Fight or Flight. #Mando fights back and  #Mom flights back, it's how we roll.


No comments:

Post a Comment