Saturday, August 12, 2017

C IS for Cookie but it is NOT TIME for Cookie

I just came home from work and was greeted by Mando excited to hear about my day.  In an effort to make my transition home more comfortable Mando, always the gentleman, offered me a drink.

''Mom, would you like a can of seltzer or ginger ale?

"Oh I would love a lemon seltzer but they're in the downstairs fridge, do you mind?"

"Not at all" Mando smiled and bounced off but not before grabbing a soft chocolate chip cookie and taking a big bite to kick off our evening social.

Mando made it as far as the kitchen when he yelled back "Mom, what time is it?"

"9:30. Relax you've got another half an hour until your chemo."

"Mom...I ate a cookie"

"Yeah, I know, so wha... oh no... well I guess meds are at 11:30 tonight."

My Mom protested "For just a cookie?!!" (That's a grandma for ya)

""Yes, for just a cookie, He has to fast 2hours before and 1 hour after each dose no exceptions"

                             You can have your cookies but you can't eat em too

Luckily none of this bothered Mando in the least. He brought me my seltzer with a smile and knew the later med time means more time he can play PS4 with Mercury.

Who can sleep through this thunderstorm anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment