Friday, August 11, 2017

Catharsis

"I know what you're going through Ma, I've been there before. It's like you hurt SOOO MUCH that you can't feel anything at all"

My daughter Alyssa was on the phone as she spoke these words. I had spoken with her many times since I returned from Boston and perhaps she had said them before, I don't know. I believe she was deliberately trying to shake me out of the stupor I was in. I was stuck in some form of robotic mother mode.

This time as I heard her say those words it was as if she had put a screwdriver in a lid of a can of fresh vacuum sealed paint. I was the can of paint.

"Oh, Alyssa...." I could say no more. I just sobbed. And sobbed. And sobbed.

"Oh, Mommy I know. I'll be right over" Alyssa hung up.

Alyssa arrived 20 minutes later with a  St  Jude prayer candle and inspirational
bookmark for me. She brought her four children for Mando. Nothing in this entire world makes Mando happier than other children.

2 comments:

  1. Good morning Denise!! 😊 keep on going strong with Mando, thats what's keeping the family unit running. No matter what, everything is as it should be and keeping strong is what youre great at. Sending infinite love to you and your family sweet heart! Enjoy this beautiful day with the FAM! ✌❤🌞🌻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You for your beautiful words of encouragement. I shall enjoy this very day. I would also love to learn how to post beautiful emojis on comments...Still learnng.

      Delete